Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm not sure how to start this thing, so let's just start.

SHOE MIX 1


In cleaning out my closet I've stumbled upon a lot of small pieces I've done in the past; pieces not suitable for my current portfolio but at the same time I still like them.

A while ago I became obsessed with shoes, in particular heels. I personally don't where heels out of the knowledge that if I did I would hurt myself, a lot. Also I don't like the idea of heels for health reasons; my Grandma has horrible foot problems from wearing high heels for half her life, and the heels that are coming out now look even more uncomfortable than my early shoe work. At the same time heels are aesthetically pleasing, duh they're designed to be, and I enjoy drawing them so I did a series of work dedicated to my contradicting obsession. With the styles that have been coming out lately I will more than likely pick up this series again .

The first 12 I did of this series were accidentally left on a bus in Vancouver many years ago, and even though I never got them back I hope someone out there found them, hung them on their wall and have been enjoying them since.

No comments: