Saturday, April 10, 2010

Holidays and Customs


Now that Easter is over I've flipped through Holidays and Customs, Vol. 9, to see what they had to say about all the customs that go along with this time of year waaaaaay back in 1979.

I was surprised to see all the entries related to the days leading up to Lent. I don't know if all these customs are still carried out now, but a lot of cultures have unique ways of letting off steam before Lent starts.




Of course there's April Fools' day, how many of you got Rick Roll'd this year?

And then there's the big one, Easter. I went to visit my mom over the holiday and she was going to get me my traditional Cadbury Cream Egg but they didn't have any!



Cute bunny illustration by Mary Horton.

Easter eating around the world by Gene Sharp.

I really liked the simplicity of this illustration by Carl Yates.

No comments: