Friday, April 9, 2010

Make and Do


I Thought this week I would take a look at some of the crafts offered up in Make and Do. These are great simple projects that little kids can do on a rainy afternoon, even older kids. I may make a mask and wander around the neighborhood like the kids in the picture, but someone might call the cops on me.

Trina Schart Hyman (again I hope this is the right artist link) did the cute illustrations of the painting gnomes, the masked kids, invading papercraft martians and instruction illustrations.


A bit messy for little kids, but if you are prepared for that doing a little string painting is a great way to make a bunch of quick paintings then putting them together to make a big abstract painting for the playroom.

This is another of my favorite illustrations in the book. Unfortunately I was never able to get together a masked gang to terrorize the neighborhood in my youth.

Yes, aliens have invaded and they brought paper streamers. They also want you to make them too.

No comments: