Friday, April 9, 2010

Darkroom Manipulation

Summer Van
This is an example of some of the work I do in the darkroom when I experiment with color negatives. This image was taken with expired Fujichrome Provia 220, ISO1oo, then I had it cross processed into a negative.

After doing test strips on color and exposure this is as close to the real colors I can get with the quality of the negative.

After going through the test strips and testing with some of the results that I really like I came up with the final version that's more yellow and magenta. I chose to go this way because it reminded me of old photos and movies from the 70's. I guess it was the quality of the chemicals during that decade but a lot of work done on film came out looking slightly yellow, and it developed into a recognizable style. I was trying to recreate that vibe with this image.

No comments: