Monday, March 29, 2010

The Animal Kingdom



There's nothing wrong with volume 5, Animal Kingdom, all it needs a little update on some species from the latest research. Otherwise this is a good book for kids to read up on animals and start them out on their basic information.

What really got my attention were the illustrations throughout the book, the full page ones were really impressive. All of them are done by hand with realistic details and great colors. I wish I could do illustrations like this. I hope I got the links to the artists right (at least the ones that exist).



The Great Horned Owl and Triceratops by Alex Ebel.

Kitten by George Lopace.

Toucan by Guy Tudor.



Giant Panda, Python and Red-Eyed Tree Frog by Harry McNaught.

Euglena by Lou Bory.




Mandrill, Sea Pup, Triggerfish, and Walrus by Norman Weaver.

Dodo by Peter Barrett.

Angora Goat by Robert J. Lee.


Frogfish and Grasshopper by Walter Linsenmaier.

No comments: